Today and tomorrow have been deemed Ozone Action Days. The level we can expect today is in the orange category, between 101 and 150, which is considered unhealthy for sensitive individuals.
So how will this affect your holiday plans? The EPA recommends that you:
1. limit your time spent outdoors
2. drive less
3. don't fill your gas tank; if you must, do it after 7 pm.
4. don't mow the grass or run yard equipment
5. don't run jet skis, outboard motors, atvs
6. If you must grill outdoors (heck, it is the holiday) use a charcoal chimney or electric starter, not lighter fluid
7. conserve energy
It is recommended that you "limit physical exertion between 11:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m."
Will you alter your plans at all?
I'm planning on laying low...sounds to me like relaxing with cocktails, indoors, with the air conditioning set not too low is the solution.
further ozone information available at epa.gov
Panel accused of voting to cripple UW student advocacy group
54 minutes ago