CARA SPOTO firstname.lastname@example.org
"RACINE — A 73-year-old Caledonia man died Saturday night after choking on a large piece of meat at Greek Fest, Racine County Medical County Examiner Michael Payne said Sunday.
"First responders were called to the festival grounds at Kimissis Tis Theotokou Church, 1335 S Green Bay Road, at about 6:15 p.m., Payne said.
"When they arrived, however, they found that initial attempts to dislodge the meat from the victim’s throat, including the Heimlich maneuver, had failed and that the man, Wayne Staufenbeil, was already unconscious.
"The responders were eventually able to remove the blockage from Staufenbiel’s throat at the scene, but the victim died at about 7:45 p.m., about an hour after arriving at Wheaton Franciscan-All Saints Hospital, 3801 Spring St., Payne said.
"Payne said the kind of blockage that killed Staufenbeil is something doctors often refer to as food bolus.
"'It was a significant piece of meat that was lodged in that poor man’s throat,' he said."
Read more: http://journaltimes.com/news/local/man-dies-after-choking-on-piece-of-meat-at-greek/article_a317bc17-f17f-5340-97a3-d63233134b20.html
Should You Really Chew Your Food 32 Times? - http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/12/12/chewing-food-thoroughly.aspx