Tuesday, May 16, 2017

"Coroner: South Carolina teen died from drinking too much caffeine"

USA Today Network Teddy Kulmala and Cynthia Roldán, The Anderson (S.C.) Independent-Mail Published 5:35 a.m. ET May 16, 2017 | Updated 2 hours ago

"ANDERSON, S.C. — A 16-year-old Spring Hill High School student who collapsed in a classroom last month died from ingesting too much caffeine, the county coroner said Monday.

"The official cause of death for Davis Allen Cripe was a 'caffeine-induced cardiac event causing a probable arrhythmia,' said Richland County Coroner Gary Watts. It was the result of the teen ingesting the caffeine from a large Diet Mountain Dew, a cafe latte from McDonald’s and an energy drink over the course of about two hours, Watts said."

Read more: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/05/16/coroner-south-carolina-teen-died-too-much-caffeine/101739718/

No comments: