By The Associated Press -
"Bloomer -- Two Wisconsin men have died after falling into a manure pit and being overcome by the gases.
"The Chippewa County Sheriff's Office says it happened around 5 p.m. Thursday in the Town of Woodmohr.
"According to the sheriff's office, Jeremy Seibel and Rodney Seibel of Bloomer were trying to retrieve a piece of equipment that fell into the manure pit. They were overcome by the gas and became unresponsive.
"First responders pulled them from the pit, but efforts to revive them were unsuccessful.
"The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health says manure pits can produce methane, hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide and ammonia.
"'The accumulation of these gases within the confined space of the manure pit can produce an oxygen-deficient, toxic, and/or explosive environment,' the agency says."
That must have been a hell of a way to check out.