Meg Jones, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
One person was shot to death, another was fatally struck by a vehicle and two officers were injured when their squad car was struck by another vehicle this weekend.
There were also five non-fatal shootings reported to Milwaukee police as of 5 p.m. Saturday.
A 22-year-old Milwaukee man was shot to death Friday shortly before 7 p.m. in the 2500 block of W. Mitchell Street.
Later Friday night, a 45-year-old Milwaukee man was struck and killed by a vehicle while crossing the street in the 4100 block of W. North Avenue. The 21-year-old Milwaukee man driving the vehicle was arrested at the scene.
Around 2 a.m. Saturday two police officers were injured when their parked squad car was struck by a motorist at N. 20th and W. Chambers streets. The male officers were treated at a local hospital; they were a 27-year-old officer with two years of experience and a 45-year-old officer with 19 years on the force.
The motorist, whose name, age and gender were not released, remained at the scene and was arrested on unrelated charges.
Police also responded to several non-fatal shootings Friday and Saturday:
- A 19-year-old Milwaukee man shot at approximately 5:50 p.m. Friday in the 2800 block of W. Wells Street.
- A 38-year-old Milwaukee man shot around 7 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of E. Locust Street.
- A 48-year-old Milwaukee woman shot around 10:30 p.m. Friday in the 1400 block of W. Burleigh Street.
- A 19-year-old man shot at 12:36 a.m. Saturday in the 4800 block of N. 32nd Street.
- A 34-year-old Milwaukee man shot around 5:20 a.m. Saturday in the 1100 block of S. 23rd Street.
The 19-year-old man shot early Saturday was in critical condition, the rest were in stable condition with non-life threatening wounds.