Saturday, February 25, 2012
Friday, February 24, 2012
There is a lovely gathering of planets in the west after sunset. Most people are focusing on the obvious targets of Jupiter, Venus and the Moon this weekend. However, keen eyed observers will notice Mercury has joined the party as well. I got a couple of shots tonight.
From top to bottom, we have Jupiter, Venus, the Moon and Mercury. To the right of Mercury is a bright plane. There is a major air corridor out there so planes are not uncommon in that part of the sky.
In the second shot, I got a bright plane right above Mercury. This was intentional to give people a guide to help find Mercury in this pic.
Although it looks like they are close together, in reality, they are far apart. The Moon is a mere 240,000 miles away. In reality, Mercury is about 108 million miles away right now, Venus is about 87 million miles away and Jupiter is a whopping 502 million miles away. Space is big!You can see great views the next two nights. Saturday night the Moon will pass by Venus and on Sunday night it will be close to Jupiter. Mercury will get higher in the sky each night and easier to see until about March 4th when it will turn around and head back toward the Sun. Venus is getting higher in the sky and Jupiter is getting lower in the sky each night. They will pass very close to each other on March 10th. It's a great time to keep watching the western sky after sunset!
Reprinted with permission from the Half-Astrophysicist Blog.
1) What was the last thing you bought at a store?
2) How well do you work under pressure?
3) What was your favorite childhood toy?
4) What are you looking forward to the most in the upcoming spring?
Enjoy your weekend!
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
I think that's beautiful.
Mardi Gras has started in New Orleans, along with the usual drunkenness and debauchery. I believe we are having, or already had, a Mardi Crawl in downtown Racine (that means crawling drunk from bar to bar). If you partake, please do so moderately. We’ve had enough sad news stories involving alcohol.
I was sad to read that Prom is leaving downtown Racine this year. God bless the Rotarians and others who work so hard to make this annual event take place. If size and safety are considerations, though, we have to consider the welfare of our children first. I know I’m nostalgic, but it’s another event gone from the city’s life. There used to be so many festivals at Festival Hall and Park. What happened?
I received an email this week from the superlative Ms. kk. She wrote:
My dearest Madame,
I found this website. Well, I should say... they found us. I was looking at web hits to the JTI and this popped up. It is in Dutch?
Looks like she is also selling merchandise under the Zoltar™ name. You may need to check it out.
Qu'est que c'est? Quel petite chienne!
Dear Ms. kk,
Oh my, oh my!
Thank you for pointing this out to me. Yes, the language is Dutch. This imposter lives in Amsterdam. She is 35 (she says), and here are some pictures of her: http://madamezoltar.punt.nl/?foto=1
By using Google Translate, I got this from her site:
“Predict future,” eh? Grrrr!
Thank you again, Ms. kk. I will have my attorneys on this immediately. It’s obvious that she is trying to cash in on my great name and reputation. The nerve of the hussy! Quite the “chienne,” indeed. This world is not large enough for two Madame Zoltars™. One will have to be vanquished. I almost feel sorry for her.
I always feel love for you, though, my readers. Thank you taking time out of your busy day to lollygag a few moments here on my blog. I look forward to your visits.
Contact the real Madame Zoltar™ here: email@example.com.
Persevere, my dear Irregulars, persevere! In the end, justice will burn so bright that the vainglorious will incinerate. Oh dear. Have a good week, too. Gustation!
Monday, February 20, 2012
It's obvious that the intent here is to wear down Harry Wait and his resources, thus depriving him of his legal rights.
Wtf is going on with the Racine County Courts?
The motion below was filed by Harry Waits this past December:
(1) A person is privileged to threaten or intentionally use force against another for the purpose of preventing or terminating what the person reasonably believes to be an unlawful interference with the person’s property. Only such degree of force or threat thereof may intentionally be used as the actor reasonably believes is necessary to prevent or terminate the interference. It is not reasonable to intentionally use force intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm for the sole purpose of defense of property.
(2) a person is privileged to defend a 3rd. person’s property from real or apparent unlawful interference by another under the same conditions and by the same means as those under and by which the person is privileged to defend his or hers own property from real or apparent unlawful interference, provided that the person reasonably believes that the facts are such as would give the 3rd. person the privilege to defend his or hers own property, that his intervention is necessary for the protection of the 3rd. persons property , and that the 3rd. person whose property the person is protecting is a member of his or her immediate family or household or a person whose property the person has a legal duty to protect, or is a merchant and the actor is the merchant’s employee or agent. An official or adult employee or agent of a library is privileged to defend the property of the library in a manner specified in this section.
“DUTY TO RESCUE”
(2), (a) Any person who knows that a crime is being committed and that a victim is exposed to bodily harm shall summon law enforcement officers or other assistance or shall provide assistance to the victim.
Related links: http://www.racinecountycorruption.com/
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Charles Bukowski has been featured here before:
The phrase "belt buckle him pretty good" is a nod to his own youth when his father did it to him 3 or 4 times a week.
Fine, that's their "new" policy. Then today, I see an editorial on the 15 year old girl in Madison who was allegedly starved and sexually assaulted for years. This case involves a minor and has not even begun, but the Journal Time sees fit to run an editorial on it, and allow comments: http://www.journaltimes.com/news/local/journal-times-editorial-calls-for-help-went-unheeded/article_5ae516ba-5ab1-11e1-bc04-001871e3ce6c.html
You hypocritical pigs! Where was the "safety net" for the girl in the Johnson case, asswipes? How do you even dare to print a newspaper? You are sick sons of bitches, protecting the perverts that you see fit. Fuck you, Journal Times. And fuck the pedophiles that you support, especially the ones in your employ and the ones you protect in city and county government.
I know that some of you belong to the "special club" in Racine for bigshot movers and shakers with a hankering for young meat, but I didn't realize that they control the paper, like they do the courts in Racine. What a twisted, sick city.
In the olden days, ‘sharp shooting’ was quite the event to go and see. Companies such as Smith & Wesson would send their sharp shooters all over the country to advertise their products. These events would out bring around 200 people to a show.
Soon the companies realized they could save a ton of money by advertising in newspapers verses sending their sharp shooters all over the country. A show had 200 people where the newspapers were seen by over a 100,000.