MOUNT PLEASANT — An ongoing surge in COVID-19 cases in Racine County has spurred the immediate closure of Mount Pleasant Village Hall, 8811 Campus Drive, until further notice.
The three weeks from the end of October through the first two full weeks of November each had positive COVID-19 testing rates above 30%, a rate never seen before in Racine County throughout the pandemic. During those 21 days, the county confirmed 4,314 new coronavirus cases and 31 deaths.
During the initial local surge of the pandemic, the Village Hall was closed from April 8 to June 1.
During the current closure, effective Monday, admittance to Village Hall will be by appointment only by contacting the appropriate village department:
- Assessor, 262-664-7822
- Building Inspection, 262-664-7825 or 262-664-7824
- Clerk/Treasurer, 262-664-7800
- Development and Planning, 262-664-7876
- Engineering, 262-664-7820
- Municipal Court, 262-664-7831
- Parks and Recreation, 262-664-7840
- Police non-emergency, 262-886-2300
- Public Works/Highway, 262-664-7843
- Village Administrator, 262-664-7818
- All other inquiries, 262-664-7800
Murphy expects the impact of the Village Hall closure on the public to be minimal.